Sia might hide behind the wigs. But, we will dig deep to bring her in front of her fans. Well, most music lovers are in love with her these days. Electro Pop was a trend in few places but it was not that prominent in the global context. Whereas, the new releases by Sia since the last one year have attained a really wide range of fans. Sia came to a major limelight since the release of her song Chandelier and Cheap Thrills. SIA KATE ISOBELLA FURLER was born on 18 December 1975. She belongs from Australia. Her career started as a singer in the local Adelaide acid jazz band Crisp in the mid-1990s. She became active in the music industry since 1993. Her latest song is Move Your Body have already got a view of 13,555,696 on Youtube and still counting. Here are Sia’s 9 Secrets that her fan has the right to know:
Sia‘s 9 Secrets – The Electropop Queen vs The Journey to Red Carpet
1. Sia is not just a singer. She is also a songwriter, record producer and video music director.
2. Sia shifted to London with her boyfriend Dan Pontifex after she left her old band Crisp in the year 1997.
3. In 1997, Sia planned to relocate to London with her boyfriend Dan Pontifex, who was supposed to meet her up in London. It is when she got the tragic news that her boyfriend was hit by a car and was killed before he got there. Sia released her album Healing is Difficult in the year 2001 which deals with her boyfriend’s death. She told the media at that time, “I was pretty fucked up after Dan died. I couldn’t really feel anything. I could intellectualize a lot of stuff; that I had a purpose, that I was loved, but I couldn’t actually feel anything.” It took Sia six years to get over Dan’s death.
4. Besides her own song. Sia wrote more than 15 songs for some exceedingly popular celebrities. David Guetta- Titanium, Christina Aguilera – Bound to you, Diamonds by Rihanna, Britney Spears – Perfume, Beyonce – Pretty Hurts, Shakira Chasing Shadows are few songs written by Sia.
5. Sia has been a victim of depression. She was addicted to pain-killers and alcohol. Sia once planned to commit suicide. She went as far as to write a suicide note. She was also suffering from extreme lethargy and panic attacks.
“I watch you spin from afar. I drink you in and breath you out.” – Sia
6. She had Graves Disease, an autoimmune disease that results to hyperthyroidism.
7. Sia hates to be famous. She hates fame! However, that is the reason of her hiding the face.
8. Sia has the talent to write hit songs faster than you can ever presume. She wrote Rihanna’s “Diamonds” in only 15 minutes and David Guetta’s “Titanium” in 40 minutes.
9. Sia is an animal activist. She participated in the PETA advertisement with her dog for promoting pet neutering. She is also against the large scale practice of pet-breeding.
Share Sia’s 9 Secrets and let us know, which song of Sia do you like the most? Comment Below.