Someone Rightly said, “Expectation is the root of all the heartache“. Unrealistic expectations can easily destroy your relationship with your lover. Always remember that your expectations are just thoughts in your head. A psychological relationship is quite different from a real one. So, let’s take a look at some of the most common Relationships Expectations Vs Reality.
Relationships In Your Head Vs. Relationships In Real Life
1.Finding someone “Special”
- Expectations: You’ll meet a babe somewhere completely random, your eyes will meet from across the room, and you’ll just have an instant connection and everything will fall into place with the help of magic.
- Reality: You’ll meet someone on Tinder and you’ll have a not-so-instant connection over a few vodka shots.
- Expectations: You’ll seduce your bae with your sweet, sexy moves and make him crave for more.
- Reality: You’ve only got one move and it’s jumping his bones.
3.Mornings Be like
- Expectations: A lazy Sunday morning with bae with rain pattering on the window and croissants along with coffee.
- Reality: You’re both in trackies, hungover as fuck and eating leftover pizza.
4.When you are sick
- Expectations: Bae will be overly concerned when they find out you’re ill.
- Reality: Bae will just want to know when they can go near to you again.
- Expectations: You want bae to be obsessed with you, thinking about you every minute of every day.
- Reality: It’s actually bloody creepy and you would run a fucking mile if they ever admitted they actually do that.
6. Breaking Up
- Expectations: Breaking up will be dramatic and intense, the WORLD JUST DOESN’T WANT YOU GUYS to BE TOGETHER.
- Reality: Breaking up will be awkward & clumsy. One of you won’t agree to it anyway.
7. Making Up
- Expectations: Your ex will come back groveling, saying how no one matches up to you.
- Reality: They’re already back on Tinder and they’ve got plenty of matches already.
- Image Source: IDBROMANCE
8. Wanting her back
- Expectations: Making up will be bae running over to your house in the pouring rain to deliver the most poetic speech about how they will regret their decision for the rest of their life.
- Reality: Bae will show up drunk, saying they were “confused” because they realize they can’t actually do any better than you.
9. The Proposal
- Expectations: You will be proposed to in the most romantic and impromptu way, bae just cannot bear to see you betrothed to someone else!Image source: Flippist
- Reality: You will spend 20 minutes trying to take a selfie mid-proposal and then you’ll spend the afternoon liking congratulatory Facebook posts.
But that’s all OKAY because it’s real, and real love is what truly matters! It doesn’t matter if you have a lot of expectations from your love and they are not able to set everything up for you, you learn to grow with them and their realities! And, that is love, true love!